- This event has passed.
Wings of Hope Pageant (Benefit Pageant for Ainsley’s Angels)
May 18 @ 1:00 pm - 10:00 pm
4th Annual Wings of Hope Pageant
(Benefit Pageant for Ainsley’s Angels)
Saturday, May 18, 2019
Location- Water’s Edge Church 2760 Power Centre Parkway Lake Charles, LA 70605
Entry fee $60.00 by May 17, 2019 (PayPal, money order, cash) $70.00 day of pageant (cash only)
If paying by PayPal, please send as family and friends ONLY and put the contestant’s name and division in the memo area
Entry fee includes photogenic and ALL side awards
If entry fee is paid in full by April 30, 2019, the contestants name will be placed in a drawing for $50 cash. Drawing will be held the day of the pageant. You do not have to be present to win.
You may pay a $30.00 nonrefundable deposit towards the entry fee at any time. $30.00 balance must be paid in full by April 30, 2019
Registration for AM session 9:00 – 9:30—Competition @ 10:00
Registration for PM session 2:00 – 2:30—Competition @ 3:00
ATTIRE- Casual Wear
Attire for all divisions will be pink (any shade) or pink (any shade) and black. Attire may have accent color of white/silver. Judges will be told to look for how the outfit suits the contestant. Outfit can be off the rack or custom made. No midriffs. Please, no over the top outfits. Remember, we are raising money for a great cause. I do not want anyone to stress over the attire.
Baby Miss – 0-11 months Toddler Miss – 12-23 months
Tiny Miss – 2-3 years Mini Miss – 4 years
Petite Miss – 5-6 years Little Miss – 7-8 years
Deb Miss – 9-10 years
Ainsley’s Angels – riders of any age Young Miss – 11-12 years Teen Miss – 13-14 years Junior Miss – 15-16 years
Miss – 17-23 years Ms. – 21 years and up (married/divorced/mom)
Lady – 40 years and up or size 16+ Granny – Grandmother
Divisional Queens: Receive a custom Wings of Hope crown and monogrammed wraparound banner
• Ambassador Queen in each session will receive a beautiful 10” crown and a custom embroidered banner. Ambassador Queen will be the contestant that raises the most money for our cause in each session. You may start collecting now. Ambassador Queen will be presented on stage after each session.
DEADLINE IS MAY 11, 2019.
• People’s Choice Queen in each session will receive a beautiful 8” crown and custom embroidered banner. Votes can be collected prior to the pageant and the day of the pageant. Votes are as followed: $1.00 = 1 vote; $5.00 = 5 votes; $10.00 = 50 votes and $20.00 = 500 votes. The contestant in each session with the most votes will be crowned People’s Choice Queen. The People’s Choice Queen will be presented on stage after each session.
• Both Ambassador and People’s Choice Queens will be included in ALL events our Royalty attends.
• Side Awards- best hair, best smile, best fashion, prettiest eyes and best modeling/personality will be given in certificate form. Photogenic winner will receive a nice picture frame. Alternates placing 1st- 3rd will receive a nice, silver tray.
RULES AND GENERAL INFORMATION
• Door admission is $5 for everyone over 3 years of age except contestants. This includes hair/makeup artist. (CASH ONLY). Ainsley’s Angels riders and visiting Queens (must wear crown and banner/casual wear) are admitted free. We ask that each visiting Queen please bring up to 5 can goods to donate to the Water’s Edge food pantry.
• Photogenic entries (only 1 photo) should be turned in the day of the pageant during registration. Please label the back of the photo with the contestant’s first name and age division. NO glitz and NO picture frames. Pictures should be no larger than 8×10 and may be color or black and white.
• No males over the age of 5 will be allowed in the dressing rooms at any time. NO exceptions!
• You may receive scores via Facebook or provide a stamped self-addressed envelope the day of the pageant. Cost is $2.00. Scores will be sent within 2 weeks after the pageant.
• Contestant must compete in the division for their age according to the date of pageant. If contestant’s age is questioned, parent must provide a copy of birth certificate to prove date of birth. If any information on application is false, contestant will be required to forfeit any prizes/title won to the pageant committee and will be banned from future pageants. Director has the right to split or combine any divisions.
• Pageant hair and makeup is allowed, but not required and must be age appropriate. NO glitz! Fake eyelashes are allowed for 9 years and up, but not required. Judges will be told to judge according to the child’s age.
• Modeling will be basic “T” formation with 3 X’s in the front of the judges. Judging will be as followed- beauty, personality (ages 0-3)/modeling (ages 4+), attire (how the outfit fits the contestant) and overall appearance. Judges decisions are FINAL!
• Karen Latiolais Sonnier will be available for pictures. All 2019 Royalty are required to have their official photo taken. These pictures will be posted in The American Press.
• Any questions or concerns, please address the director personally. Bad sportsmanship or any disrespect to Judges, Pageant Committee or other contestants/visitors will not be tolerated. You will be told to leave without a refund. Refunds available ONLY if the pageant is cancelled.
• If you would like to reserve a spot as a vendor, please contact the director personally. The vendor fee is $40.00 (nonrefundable) with a $20.00 deposit (nonrefundable). You must provide your own set up (tables, chairs, tablecloth, etc.). There will be limited vendor areas.
This is a non-contracted pageant, but ALL Royalty are required to attend Ainsley’s Angels 5K run on July 13, 2019 (in the evening) and encouraged to attend other Ainsley’s Angels events throughout the year
If you have any questions, please contact Summer Allee at
Mail/Email forms to:
PO Box 5111
Lake Charles, LA 70606
Email and PayPal- email@example.com
Any changes/updates will be posted in the 3rd Annual Wings of Hope Pageant event page on Facebook.